Do you have an epic adventure coming up?
Do you have everything you need to make sure you don’t miss a single moment or memory? You can spend hours scouring the internet for the perfect travel list, or you can read below for the 5 things you need to have at all times when traveling.
- Cash – yes, even in a world of Apple Pay, it is best to play it safe and bring cash for an emergency.
- Reliable car – There are few things worse in this world than getting broken down in an unfamiliar place. Make sure you have a reliable car, and if you don’t get one. You can find Enterprise coupons on Groupon faster than you can change a tire.
- Cellphone – This might seem like a no-brainer, but it had to make the list. Not only will your cell phone come in handy for communication, internet surfing, and taking photos, but GPS as well. Many rental cars charge extra for GPS in vehicles, so why not save some money and bring your own? If you leave the country, make sure you set up international service before you go.
- Comfortable shoes – Chances are, not matter where you go, you will be walking. Play it safe and pack something comfortable and lightweight. Also, socks. Plenty of socks.
- First Aid Kit – This might seem silly and outdated, but it’s really important. Have it in your purse of in your car, but just have it nearby in case something happens.
In the end, it’s the memories that matter, the experiences you have, and the knowledge you take away from it all. It’s easy to forget that there was a time when they were no cell phones or digital cameras. If we were lucky, we had a disposable camera or a camera with actual film (can you even imagines!). There were no easy ways to navigate around town or find the best place to eat and drink. If you were lost, you asked a local or pulled out a map. If you were hungry you found a place nearby by either luck or chance. That didn’t make the journey any less epic or the memories any less real. In the end, it’s the experience that matters most.